What is the most simplified version of the disability SSI SSDI program elements?
- Be making less than substantial gainful activity per month (2017 = $1,170).
- But, if you are earning close to SGA, the adjudicator will likely find you not disabled.
- Have a severe disability that lasts 12 months, will last 12 months, or is terminal.
- Be able to prove when your disability started, and that it will still be there in a year.
- Meet, equal, or exceed a predefined list disability. If you don’t, lets see if you can work.
- Ask your attorney which listings apply to you, and what elements you need to meet.
- Can you do the work you did within the past 15 years?
- Go through the jobs you had, and compare them against the DOT book.
- Can you do other jobs in the national economy?
- Remember, any job in the national economy is fair game to find you not disabled.
This is a two-option system. Prove you have medical equivalency to their severe disability listings, or show how you can’t work and earn the SGA amount per month. Either will do.